Salzburg Global Seminar is one of the world's leading international educational centers. The mission of Salzburg Global Seminar is to challenge current and future leaders to solve issues of global concern. Presently, the program framework has three cross-cutting clusters and addresses the underlying questions that hold keys to human progress: imagination, sustainability and justice.
Salzburg Global Seminar is dedicated to promoting the exchange of ideas in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural environment. Each year, some 1,000 professionals from more than 100 countries get together at the Seminar's magnificent facility at Schloss Leopoldskron, in Salzburg, Austria to discuss political, social, and cultural issues.
The Fulbright Foundation will offer a limited number of travel grants or participation fees to early to mid-career level Greek candidates to participate at the Salzburg Global Seminar. Selection takes place in agreement with the SGS program organizers.
For 2018, priority will be given to the following sessions:
MULTI-YEAR PROGRAM: Salzburg Seminar American Studies Association (SSASA)
Understanding America in the 21st Century: Culture and Politics
SALZBURG, SEPTEMBER 21 TO 25, 2018
The multi-disciplinary symposium in 2018 will explore the sensitive intersect of culture and politics in America’s rapidly changing landscape, building on the conclusions of the 2017 symposium on Life and Justice in America: Implications of the New Administration. Our ultimate purpose is to foster greater understanding of how the lives of individuals and communities in 21st century America are being reshaped as a result of current social, political and cultural forces as well as America’s changing role in world affairs.
MULTI-YEAR PROGRAM: Salzburg Global Forum for Young Cultural Innovators V
SALZBURG, OCTOBER 16 TO 21, 2018
TThe Salzburg Global Forum for Young Cultural Innovators (YCI Forum) is a ten-year program launched by Salzburg Global Seminar in 2014. Its goal is to connect and empower a critical mass of talented change-makers across the world who work through the culture and arts sector to shape a more creative, just and sustainable world. Each year the Forum brings together a new group of fifty cultural innovators and creative practitioners, selected from participating city or country "hubs" with the active support of local partner organizations.
MULTI-YEAR PROGRAM: Health Care and Health Care Innovation in the 21st Century
Healthy Children, Healthy Weight
SALZBURG, DECEMBER 10 TO 15, 2018
Schools have unique potential to enhance child well-being holistically through curricula, play, sports and food. Many countries leverage schools as a place to reach, serve and support families through a multitude of policies and programs. Schools impact children directly and through outreach to families and they play a pivotal role in developing a community culture of health to help all children flourish.
- Greek citizenship and a valid Greek passport.
- Preference will be given to candidates whose country of permanent residence is Greece and who are professionally involved in Greece.
- Preference will be given to early to mid-career candidates.
- Candidates are expected to be experts, leaders and/or change-makers in the professional discipline represented by the session, with the exception of the Media and Young Cultural Innovators seminars that are addressed to young and aspiring people.
- English language proficiency.
- The Fulbright grant is awarded toward travel expenses and/or fee of participation. The travel allowance consists of an economy class return flight to Salzburg;
- Participation in the Annual Awards Ceremony as Fulbright grantee;
- Fulbright Certificate of Award.
- Membership in the online global community for all participants of U.S. government sponsored exchange programs (such as the Fulbright program). International Exchange Alumni website
- Invitations to Fulbright events.
- Participants will be provided with a Fulbright grant document.
- Debriefing at and brief written report to the Fulbright Foundation on the seminar experience within 30 days following return.
Click here for more information about the Salzburg Global Seminar, the sessions, and application procedures.